Here’s your chance to tell us what songs, albums, and artists you dug in 2018!
2018 was a great year for Texas/Red Dirt Music, so we are very excited for this year’s Texas Music Pickers Awards! This year we will have 9 awards:
- Song of the Year (Under 1K Spotify Followers)
- Song of the Year (1K-5K Spotify Followers)
- Song of the Year (Over 5K Spotify Followers)
- Album of the Year (Under 5K Spotify Folllowers)
- Album of the Year (Over 5K Spotify Followers
- Male Vocalist of the Year
- Female Vocalist of the Year
- Texas/Red Dirt Venue of the Year
- Texas/Red Dirt Festival of the Year
Nominations are now open! All you have to do is fill out the nomination form below. After the submission window closes on Wednesday, January 2nd, we’ll take the next going through them all. Once we’ve assembled a final list of nominees, we’ll open it up for fan voting for two weeks. Winner’s will be chosen by an average of:
- TMP’s Rank (The four of us we’ll sit down and compile our rank of nominees)
- TMP Input Committee (we’ll average the rank of the TMP Input Committee that’s made up of knowledgeable Texas/Red Dirt fans, talent buyers, festival organizers, artist managers, booking agents, professional songwriters, station PD’s, etc…)
- Fan Rank (The artist, song, or album will be ranked by the amount of fan votes they get)
*All songs and album submissions must be from this year; in other words, they must have been released to Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, etc… in 2017! (exceptions may be made for songs released in December of 2017)
*Nominations will only be considered for artists who are a part of the “Texas/Red Dirt Scene”. If the artist’s “Top 5 Places Where People Listen” on Spotify are where reporting stations are, have been on our Texas Music Spotify Chart, have been on the Texas Regional Radio Report, and/or have a large percentage of their tour dates in the region, they’re likely a safe bet for a nomination.
*Only 1 submission per email address
The submission process will end 1/2/19 at Midnight
Music addict, a sucker for heartbreak songs, and avid Houston sports fan! I’am also the Editor-in-Chief of Texas Music Pickers.