If you’re wondering how to submit your stuff for our spotlights, reviews, or Texas Music Breakthrough, here’s the breakdown of how it all works:
1) While it is becoming harder to define, we write about music in the Texas and Red Dirt scene. Most of the music we write about fits in to the following genres: Country, Americana, Folk, Roots, Southern Rock, and blues. If your music doesn’t sound similar to the music on the Texas Regional Radio Report, we’re probably not the place for it.
2) We only feature artists that are from, currently reside, or play a large portion of your shows in Texas and/or Oklahoma.
3) 99% of the music we write about is brand new or soon to be released. A single doesn’t have to be recently recorded, it just needs to be currently being pushed to radio.
4) Our mission is to help Texas and Red Dirt fans discover new music; so we mainly write about and feature up-and-comers. We try to keep an 80/20 balance between established acts and up-and-comers. We define an up-and-comer as someone who has less that 15K Facebook likes.
5) We like to direct our followers to our featured artist’s music; meaning if your material isn’t available on iTunes, YouTube, Spotify etc…it may result in us not featuring your content.
6) We like to direct our followers to our featured artist’s social media and website; meaning if you don’t have social media platforms and/or a band website if my result in us not featuring your content.
Texas Music Pickers Playlist: Each month we put together a list of our favorite songs from the last 30 days. These songs from all types of Texas artists and not necessarily radio singles. We’re no longer doing our Texas Music Breakthrough, as this year’s playlist will also function as a format for those songs as well. This is section that will feature the most music by far, so if you’re looking for the best bet on how to get your music featured on our page, this is it!
Album Spotlights: We generally do 1-2 album spotlights a month and do it no earlier than a week before its release and no later than 2 weeks after it’s release. We get tons of submissions for each month, so three of us sit down and decide which 1 or 2 we will do that month. (Album reviews are the by far the most time-consuming thing we do, and the 3 of us all have full-time jobs as well, so right now it’s hard to do more than 2 a month.) Our Album Spotlight feature is by far the most selective, due to the amount of submissions we get, versus what we have the ability to do. Please title you email ALBUM SPOTLIGHT SUBMISSION
Video Spotlights: Every couple of weeks, we run an article called “Texas Music Video Roundup”. This features all of the new music, lyric, and professionally done performance videos. For music video submissions, please send us the YouTube link.
Everything Else: If your submission doesn’t fall in to any of these categories, that’s ok; still send it! We’ll listen to it and who knows what we might do with it…..We create lists and stories and always need music for these as well!
We do not take submissions for Single Spotlights and Artist Spotlights.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We really prefer to receive the tracks digitally, but if you need to mail us you music please send it to the following address:
1715 11th Street
Huntsville, TX 77340