Getting your music out there can be tough in today’s clustered and everchanging world of music promotion. We think we have something that is going to solve that problem! Introducing our “Discover and Win” Spotify Playlist! Here’s how it works:
Each week we’ll take on four artists who are looking to get the word out about a new song. We’ll take each song from the four artists and make a Spotify Playlist. Artists will also pay into a communal promotion fund. We’ll take the combined funds, buy a cool prize to incentivize people to listen, and take the rest of the funds and run a top-to-bottom digital marketing campaign (FB, Twitter, Instagram, Spotify, Email list, etc…) promoting the four-song playlist and prize. The ads will instruct listeners to check out the playlist, click the link in the playlist description to a survey form and provide some feedback on the four songs, making them eligible to win the prize.
How It Works:
- Four artists submit a song a pay $300 in to a communal promotion fund.
- TMP creates a playlist of the four songs and also puts a link in the playlist to a feedback form.
- We take the pool of funds, purchase a prize, and then put together a turnkey social media advertising campaign.
- After listening to the collection of songs, participating listeners will then provide feedback on them making them eligible for a very enticing Texas/Red Dirt inspired prize (ex. tickets to a Texas/Red Dirt festival, a big merch pack, an autographed guitar etc. valued at $200)
- We then provide you with feedback.
Our Advertising Strategy:
- The vast array of tools from Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Spotify
- 100% based on smart and strategic digital marketing (no playlist pitching involved or any sketchy 3rd party services).
- Synergistic marketing approach of promoting a communally-funded playlist rather than individuals promoting individual tracks; producing a combined effect greater than the sum of its separate parts.
- For example, one artist may spend $300 on social media ads that may result in 1K clicks, but two artists who combine their budgets and efforts may get 1,200 clicks each from a combined $600.
Why We Think It’s Promising:
Artists want to get their music out to new listeners and listeners enjoy discovery new music in an easily digestible way; especially if they have a great incentive. It’s a win for everyone. It’s discovery, promotion, and honest feedback all rolled into one!
If you’d like to be a part of the first communally funded, “Discover and Win” promotional playlist, the buy-in is $300, and we are currently in the position to take on four artists per week.
If you’re interested in taking part in the revolutionary method to promote your song, you can find more information here: http://www.texasmusicpickers.com/discover-and-win-playlist-faq/
For Fans and Listeners:
If you’re a Texas/Red Dirt music fan and would like to notified via email when New Discover and Win playlists and prizes are available, you can signup here: http://www.texasmusicpickers.com/discover-and-win-listener-sign-up-discover-new-music-and-win-great-prizes/
Music addict, a sucker for heartbreak songs, and avid Houston sports fan! I’am also the Editor-in-Chief of Texas Music Pickers.